Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump to speak at Libertarian National Convention
(05-11-2024, 10:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I love having no party affiliation. People have asked me a number of times to run for office and I refuse because I am not going to be connected to a party and I don't have the backing for an independent run.

But yeah, I just get so much second-hand embarrassment watching the internal party politics.

Understandable.
I ran as an Independent in the majority of my campaigns. Asking people for money was one of the hardest things to do. Running in my last campaign as a Republican, the county party just pretty much threw what money they had at the candidates.
I think I'm done running for office. I've finished on the cusp at the local level 3 times, but I don't want to waste people's money further. It's also disheartening after seeing how the sausage is made, learning how certain cliques protect one another, and watching more extremists enter the fold. One can only stomach so much ugliness.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to speak at Libertarian National Convention - Rotobeast - 05-12-2024, 04:49 PM