Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry
(05-13-2024, 08:42 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who cares? We aren't an Authoritarian country, and Trump is not an Authoritarian Leader.

I'd prefer a Democracy where people actually work together and compromise but it's not happening with EITHER of these two parties at this time nor do i have much faith in either in the future.

Do you see that happening anytime soon? 

I don't see that happening soon if a plurality of Americans cannot recognize an authoritarian leader when they see one. 

If you prefer a democracy where people work together and compromise, then you should be very disturbed
when the leader of one party attempts to overthrow a valid election and promises vengeance, arrests, and
jail for those who have attempted to hold him accountable--classic authoritarian behavior. 

The same currently out office leader still exerts great control over the House of Representatives, blocking legislation 
proposed by the other side because of his direct control of his party.

Not sure what an "authoritarian country" is. Do you mean one with an authoritarian system of government? That could include a
range of types from Orban's "illiberal democracy" to Kim's North Korea.  The US is not that yet,
but it cannot remain a liberal democracy if enough of the population want a leader above the law. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Stewy - 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Dill - 05-13-2024, 12:12 PM