Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry
(05-14-2024, 04:11 PM)Dill Wrote: Seems I'm easily triggered by the mass of information you've just dismissed.

Did you finish reading my post--the one with the map based on global date on Democratic backsliding"?  Last paragraph:

My concern is not necessarily that an authoritarian will "take over" permanently and change our form of government, though that is certainly possible. My more immediate fear is that the US will elect an authoritarian and his behavior will precipitate a constitutional/democratic crisis which could dwarf the turmoil of the '60s. And it's not clear what shape our institutions might have after that. All at a time when an autocratic Russia and China are challenging the liberal world order the US has underwritten since 1945.

So help me understand why you think electing electing a vengeance-minded authoritarian, backed by a party willing to do his bidding on all fronts 
and whose last act as president was an attempted coup, should not be concerning?

Why should i answer yours when you won't answer mine in 5 words or less? 
I asked if Trump becomes POTUS will he turn us into an Authoritarian state, and the answer is no. Your whole premise is based on What If. 
And we can ask GMDino what he thinks about What if's. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Stewy - 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM
RE: Trump's Plans for the Oil Industry - Mike M (the other one) - 05-14-2024, 08:42 PM