Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle?
(05-15-2024, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Some much needed major changes to the defensive tackle room where made this off-season but left a massive of question mark . Who is the starting Nose Tackle? Right now the front 4 probabaly looks like Hendrickson - Rankins - Hill - Hubbard which means BJ Hill is going to be the A-Gap defender for the majority of the snaps. Will BJ Hill add weight from 311 to 320ish?

Another question is will McKinnley Jackson be the short yardage Nose Tackle? I was a big Jackson fan pre-draft and love that we added him but I don't think he is going to be a successful short yardage nose in his rookie year.

I like that the Bengals attacked the trenches this off-season but playing in the AFC North I would have liked to see them add someone with some size and experience at DT.

They made an interesting note about not thinking Jenkins body had been tapped out in terms of adding size. I think because of his strength we will see him playing the 0/1 more than people think. I could see him being a bit of a Harrison Phillips and playing nose at 305 or so but being capable of holding his own.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle? - Au165 - 05-15-2024, 02:19 PM