Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle?
(05-15-2024, 10:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Some much needed major changes to the defensive tackle room where made this off-season but left a massive of question mark . Who is the starting Nose Tackle? Right now the front 4 probabaly looks like Hendrickson - Rankins - Hill - Hubbard which means BJ Hill is going to be the A-Gap defender for the majority of the snaps. Will BJ Hill add weight from 311 to 320ish?

Another question is will McKinnley Jackson be the short yardage Nose Tackle? I was a big Jackson fan pre-draft and love that we added him but I don't think he is going to be a successful short yardage nose in his rookie year.

I like that the Bengals attacked the trenches this off-season but playing in the AFC North I would have liked to see them add someone with some size and experience at DT.

They were surprised D J Reader left and got such a huge contract. They scrambled and got Rankins. He’s a much better pass rusher. I wish we could have kept D J. He was immovable and disruptive like no DT in the NFL. Jackson I’d expect will be in on short yardage and goal line. Provided he performs well. Who knows if Byron Murphy had he been available if they’d drafted him. Doubtful
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle? - Soonerpeace - 05-15-2024, 08:39 PM