Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle?
(05-16-2024, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TLL has done the snap count for DJ Reader over the years and it is not a ton of snaps which is why I think we aimed for DT's that have 
high upside in Rankins, Jenkins and Jackson instead of just outright NT's. Jackson is the most like Reader so I would list him as the NT 
right now, and I think he is an upgrade over Tupou for sure who was Reader's backup last year.

I think in the end the problems with stopping the run were much more than just NT last year, it was communication, bad angles and 
poor tackling. But Tupou was pretty terrible last year backing up Reader when I watched him play.

Exactly. Most of the run issues were not the interior DL getting blown back but rather losing the edges and again communication and poor angles. Hubbard being healthy should help half of the edge issue at minimum. Having a DT room with a far higher floor like we do now is also a big help. Trey losing his edge from over pursuit is just something that has to be compensated for - he's a QB hunter and we want him doing that. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle? - Joelist - 05-16-2024, 01:45 PM