Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-17-2024, 10:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I suggest you read my whole post and understand the context. The groups in that meeting do not reflect the approved groups for agencies to work with on voter outreach. Groups for voter outreach work must be non-partisan.

Maybe this is what Sunny is refering to?

Sec. 3, Agencies shall consider ways to expand citizens’ opportunities to register to vote and to obtain information about, and participate in, the electoral process...
iii, (C  soliciting and facilitating approved, nonpartisan third-party organizations and State officials to provide voter registration services on agency premises;

If I were Hannity, that's the line I would spin: "Dem partisans will be in control of 'soliciting and facilitating'"etc. Like that would be really easy. 

Otherwise, I don't see a single measure in that EO which could be construed as using taxpayer funds to the benefit of only one party.

It seems to be mostly about making sure government offices and sites like voter.gov get out timely information about voting
and registration in order to increase access--get web sites up to date and in working order, etc. Hard to see how making a website easier to use 
can establish intent to favor one party over the other.

Maybe efforts directed at Native Americans, people with disabilities, gov employees, and eligible federal prisoners could be construed as courting Dem constituencies? 

Without the spin, this can't support "both sidesism." And without "both sidesism," it is difficult to deflect the critique of Thomas and Alito's "appearance" of partisanship.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - Dill - 05-17-2024, 11:15 PM