Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle?
I think it's gonna be versatile and rotational on the IDL moving forward. I would think the base defense will have Hill at NT and Rankins at 3T the majority of the time. Jenkins is the wild card. The Mutant is a strong kid, who I could see being able to do what a NT is asked to do in this defense provided his brains match the physical talent. Not full time, as Jackson will get snaps too, I would think STRICTLY at NT. Jackson's snap count, this year, will probably be low provided we stay healthy and he's used more in 5-2-4, 3-4, and goal line situations.

Bottom line is I think we will be fine. I really don't think having the prototypical 330lb strongman NT is as vital as some make it out to be. If we have guys that can do the job, and can be rotated there situationally, it can help the defense not look so predictable pre-snap. Let's also not discount what a healthy Sam Hubbard brings as well. Stopping the run is just as much attitude as it is scheme and talent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What are the Bengals doing at Defensive Tackle? - The D.O.Z. - 05-18-2024, 03:08 AM