Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-21-2024, 11:37 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL I think you'll be told that it is GOD deciding what is best for women, not "men," who only wish to carry out His will.

Reading that speech reminded a bit of the pre-cana presentation my wife-to-be and I went through back in 1977.

One priest said that men and women were "equal partners" in marriage with the husband having the final say. 

I asked how that could be possible; business partners would not think themselves equal if one had the final say,
and found myself "called out" for bad attitude. No real answer forthcoming. You just accept the contradiction. 

But you are right; Butker's speech defines marriage and children as the true vocation of women--degreed or not. And
he laments those who stray from the path and move in with partners before they are married, along with those who
plan how many children they'll have. Right out of the Middle Ages. He is definitely demanding Catholics return to 
the strictest Catholic teachings and confront the secular non-Catholic world which "lies" to us about fundamental values. 

And he reminds men it is they who "set the tone of the culture." Absent that manly assertion, there is only "disorder, dysfunction, and chaos."

Maybe Alito needs to read the transcript and remember his role as husband. 

It's no wonder you didn't get what he was saying. Both partners are equal, but if an agreement between the two just can't be reached, then the man has the final say (this is not meant for every situation, only in extreme ones). 
However, you should always respect and treat your partner and understand that you are a team. 

As far as Alito and his wife? that's between them. Not you, me or anyone else needs to be dabbling in private matters.

Now, be quiet and go make us all some Sarnies, it's lunch time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - Mike M (the other one) - 05-21-2024, 01:08 PM