Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Does NY have another corrupt judge?
(05-30-2024, 02:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I get that, you're not getting my point.  I'm going to ignore your example because I could go off into the weeds with it.  Here is the salient issue.  If the jury cannot agree on what happened that flies in the face of a unanimous jury.  Unanimity is a key determinant in criminal conviction.  If the law as written allows for numerous interpretations of its violation than it is an exceedingly poorly written law.  Laws are specific for a reason, as specificity is required to prove a certain crime has occurred.  So, while the judge could be correct, and almost certainly is, this level of ambiguity in a criminal law is, again, more fuel for the fire.

I have zero issue with the GA case and the documents case, but this case should never have been brought to trial.  Whatever the result it's going to be adding napalm to a house fire.  What a shit show.

That's simply your interpretation.  They have to unanimously agree the crime was committed.  That's the point that matters.

Not that I don't believe you don't know the law in NY, or in this case, as well as the judge.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does NY have another corrupt judge? - GMDino - 05-30-2024, 02:29 PM