Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-30-2024, 12:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not arguing whether they currently are or are not.  But is it not possible for a bench officer to have political opinions and not allow them to sway their judicial impartiality?  Claiming otherwise makes one sound like a Trump supporter regarding his NYC case.

I would say it is possible, but I see it as a lower probability the higher up the court system one goes. A trial court judge is going to get their hand smacked if they are too heavy-handed on the partisanship. Appellate judges, less likely but still possible, especially depending on the circuit. I think SCOTUS justices inject their partisanship into most things, though, and you see it in the opinions they write. This is because they don't have to answer to anyone.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - Belsnickel - 05-30-2024, 08:06 PM