Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(05-30-2024, 08:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I actually quite like this idea.  The only issue I see immediately is what happens if there's no circuit opening for a "retired SCOTUS justice?  I don't know how feasible that is, but it's the first thing I thought of.  Other than that, I think this is solid.

I'd be fine with this as well, as long as both parties got two nominees of their choice during the expansion, regardless of who's POTUS.  The whole Senate confirmation process would have to be amended a bit for these extra appointees as well, otherwise the party in control would simply stymie all the other party's top picks.

Speaking to the confirmation process, I think it should be in the Constitution that the justices require a 2/3rds majority. As they are Constitutional officers, their bar should be higher. I don't care about the other roles, but those in particular should be higher.

As to the circuit positions, that part may not even be necessary. They could just keep them on something like IRR for the military and they can go teach, speak, or write to make their money with the understanding that they could be called up if needed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - Belsnickel - 05-30-2024, 09:07 PM