Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol
(06-02-2024, 06:46 AM)hollodero Wrote: You unfriend people just because they have beef with their neighbour? That seems harsh.

I have several friends who will cut social media ties with people they feel are wrong.  On the left and the right.

My mother is one of them.

I have removed very few people and only a handful of them were because of politics. 

Millhouse said they weren't close friends so I agree.  If I don't really know the person and they are posting things I don't want to see I don't see why I need to be "friends" on social media.

But there is a very sharp divide in this country right now.

I had one friend, going back over 30 years, block me on FB because I disagreed with an article she posted about an "illegal immigrant crime".  Turns out she was wrong after she blocked me.  And what's funny about here is she was a free spirit, everyone love everyone love everyone type.  Even dropped her religion after school because she found it oppressive.  And she seemed to still be that way...except when it comes to politics.

It's weird.

In fact this is one of the few places I discuss politics on line.  Most of my social media friends elsewhere don't post a lot about it either.  Occasionally I see a meme that is god-awful and wrong, but not to the level there was in 2015-2020.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justice Alito flew "stop the steal" symbol - GMDino - 06-02-2024, 10:30 AM