Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF
(05-13-2024, 08:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I just saw the photo of him... what a monstrosity of a power house!!!!! guy looked hyuuuuuge... let's go, let's go!!!

It is really crazy when you see him move. I am a bit envious of you guys that get to go to games and see this big man in real life...

(06-05-2024, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not quite DJ Reeder

[Image: pa8cjsksekle6on3izf6.jpg]

DJ ReAder grew up playing baseball and was a great Pitcher, I don't know if Mims has ever played baseball...

(06-05-2024, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Got curious when I saw this thread get bumped...

In 2023 PFF gave the Bryce Young pick an Elite grade (higher than CJ Stroud's Very Good). In 2021 they gave the Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, and Rashod Bateman picks an Elite grade (higher than Waddle and Sewell), the Trey Lance pick Very Good, and the Micah Parsons pick an Average grade.

Ultimately until we see them play, draft grades mean nothing. I hope Mims will be good (I think he'd have a better shot with a real OL Coach), but I think besides the Falcons this year it's pretty much impossible to accurately grade a draft pick as good or bad before ever playing a snap.

Yeah, that is why you just have to pfft PFF sometimes.

Watching Mims as a Bulldog in film though has me extremely excited for this player though. He handled everybody, even JT of OSU 
who gave every other Tackle in this Draft class tons of trouble.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amarius Mims named best pick of 1st Round by PFF - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-06-2024, 12:16 PM