Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Bengals poised for breakout seasons
(06-18-2024, 10:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This story comes from the Last Word On Sports, and I suppose they likely do one of these articles for every team. I chose to post this one, not just because it's on the Bengals (duh?) but because it goes hand in hand with what many of us have been talking about throughout OTAs and Minicamp. They chose Murphy, Iosivas, and yes, the much maligned Cordell Volson as the Bengals breakout season candidates, and I couldn't agree more.

What say you? Did they get it wrong, leave anyone out?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/3-breakout-candidates-for-the-cincinnati-bengals/ar-BB1onQI1?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=58dc94d97fec4a939a5f7a20fa800385&ei=14

I could definitely see it with Murphy the most, I was surprised he improved as much as he did as a rookie getting his moves down as
the season went on and he was one of the best looking Ends as a rookie by the end of the season. MM is already a good run stopper 
and has the talent to become an elite pass rusher with his athleticism and strength.

Iosivas has looked really good I hear, but I think once Tee is back and Jermaine Burton starts getting a lot of snaps it will be hard for
Yoshi to have a breakout season. Burton has fantastic hands and adjusts to the ball naturally and is extremely explosive.

Volson needs to start out this season strong for once and yes, he could have a breakout season as he is currently our weakest link on
the OL like they say. Sure hope so, the way a team gets better the most is when the weakest players get stronger. You are only as strong
as your weakest link.

Gesicki and Zack Moss on Offense and Murphy and DJ Turner on D are my breakout players this year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three Bengals poised for breakout seasons - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-20-2024, 11:41 AM