Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name a movie that should not have had a sequel
(06-11-2015, 05:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The lines from Clubber Lang alone make Rocky III the best.  And Mickey trying to convince Rocky not to fight.  His descriptions of Clubber Lang were eerily similar to Col Trautman describing John Rambo.

Speaking of   sequels, Rambo was awesome when I was a teenager.  Not as good as an adult, and whatever followed Rambo was just awful.

No.

The original Rocky won an Oscar because it was so good. Some of the others (like III) were watchable and entertaining. But they were not as good as the original. And they got progressively worse.

As far as personal opinion, I think II was a bit underrated. Filmgoers didn't like it so much at the time because it was a fall off from the original and there were a lot of expectations. But if you rewatch today, I think you can appreciate it a little more.

III was maybe the most entertaining sequel. People still recall the sound track and Clubber's lines ("Paaaaaiiiiin!").

IV was similar to III. It had a few moments and people liked it because of the Cold War theme.

V and Rocky Balboa were not so great to watch.

I am looking forward to the new "Creed" movie about Apollo's son seeking out Rocky to train him this year. We'll see.

I agree about the Rambo series. "First Blood" was great, when I was a teenager. Not as good today. And the sequels were trash.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Name a movie that should not have had a sequel - Bengalzona - 06-11-2015, 05:45 PM