Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024
(06-20-2024, 06:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: YUP

If we have just an average line, we'll be dangerous. If we have a very good line, deep playoff run will be in works. If we have a "great" line, my money will be on the home team in the big dance.

No team scares me, not the Chiefs, not anyone with Joe Burrow at QB and our OL even just being okay.

If the OL plays better than okay we are the team to beat, if it plays great this Offense could be unstoppable with more under Center play.

Our Defense WILL play better this year, no way Lou and this Defense has 2 years in a row of being so bad against the run and giving up so many
big plays. I expect the Defense to look at what they did last year and come away offended by that poor showing.

(06-21-2024, 10:56 AM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I don't want to be the pessimist but I've been seeing this sentiment throughout several threads. If our offensive line wasn't good last year, do we really think swapping out a bit of an upgrade (with health concerns) is going to magically turn our offensive line into great? 

Last year the OL was pretty much sabotaged being in the Shotgun so much early in the season. It took away the running game and 
predictability. Now if Pollack truly is the problem we will know if it doesn't improve big time. BTW when healthy Trent Brown is not just
a bit of an upgrade over Jonah Williams, he is a big upgrade and Mims could be a great OL down the road.

Any OL would struggle when put on their heels always trying to pass protect in the Shotgun without a run game or unpredictability.

We should be able to judge the OL much better with more under Center play.

(06-21-2024, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great post Kevin. Teams win games in the trenches. If our offense can put points on the board and can control the clock, it gives our defense time to rest. I am still concerned about our DL and their ability to control the LOS. But, if we can make opponents offense one dimensional and having to pass in the 4th quarter, I think our 2024 DL is built better to pressure and sack the QB.

Always lots of ifs, but I love our 2024 team. Yes, I am an optimist, but I consider myself an informed optimist. I can't wait for the start of the season.

Yes sir Luvnit. The thing is if we can win in the trenches and score points our Defense won't have to be the best at stopping the run
as they should have the lead a lot and can pin their ears back and go after the passer. The Offense helps the Defense and being the 
worst running Offense in the league last year sure didn't help our D.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What If Bengals O Line is Great in 2024 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-21-2024, 01:20 PM