Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections?
(06-27-2024, 06:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Phew, that is quite the detail question already. I'm not sure. I want to say yes if obtainable, maybe some character witnesses if one does not exist. In general I would use the current procedure for voter registration as a guideline. How do these people get registered now? Do the same thing for the ID would be my first approach.

Edit there certainly don't need to be any unnecessary hurdles. But then again. Having some kind of ID and getting it for free if need be imho would only be beneficial for the individual in question. Some form of photo ID is necessary for lots of things anyway.

They register just by signing up with your signature affirming you are an American citizen.  Basically the honor system

And it is a detailed question because as I said earlier the devil is in the details.  It can cost a great deal of money and often time for someone to obtain a certified copy of their birth certificate.  For example it took me over 10 years to finally locate and obtain my fathers.  Is that 10 years he would not have been able to vote?  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections? - pally - 06-27-2024, 06:39 PM