Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections?
(06-27-2024, 07:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is true. I needed a certified copy of my birth certificate and it took me less than 10 minutes and cost me $10. Now, let's say you were born in Illinois and now live in WV. It's a lot tougher to retrieve since you really can't make the drive (out of convenience of course). Then you must rely on the red tape government process. 

A certified copy of your birth certificate in Ohio costs $21.50.  I was born in NY it is $30 there.  Michigan is $34

That is a lot of money if you don't have much.  Plus you have to provide things like parents names...for most of us that is easy but I know someone whose mother doesn't remember what name she put on the certificate for the father. I do a lot of genealogy, you would be surprised at how many people have trouble obtaining their birth certificates

This is why I asked what documentation is needed it isn't as straight forward as you think

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections? - pally - 06-27-2024, 09:52 PM