Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections?
(06-27-2024, 05:52 PM)pally Wrote: BINGO...you just hit the nail on the head.  I'm willing to bet more American citizens have voted illegally than non-American citizens

1) what is an acceptable form of ID?
2) how much would it cost?
3) where would it be obtained?
4) how long would it take to implement?

Believe it or not most Democrats are not anti-ID, however, the devil has always been in the details and as written many of these proposed laws make it difficult for the poor and disabled to obtain these ids.  So just don't talk about the idea...tell us how you see it being implemented

Pally, it is 2024. We live in a world of free-flowing information. If a person wants to vote, they are not as stupid as you make them. Every McDonald's has free Wi-Fi as do many other places so easy to do the research.

The details you list are called excuses as you think minorities who are legal citizens do not have the brain power to sign up to vote. 

I found this searching the internet in 20 seconds. I simply asked, how do I register to vote in a federal election?

How to register to vote | USAGov

How to register to vote

Learn how to register so you can vote in federal, state, and local elections.

Register through vote.gov
Visit vote.gov to begin the voter registration process. Select your state or territory. Depending on its rules, you will find instructions on how to register:

By mail
In person at your local election office
Start your registration on vote.gov

Other ways to register to vote
Download the National Mail Voter Registration Form. You can fill it out onscreen and print the completed form, or print the blank form and fill it out by hand. Remember to sign the form before mailing it to the location listed for your state.
Check with local government offices to see if you can register in person.
Find your department of motor vehicles office.
Locate a nearby armed forces recruitment center.
Contact state and county public assistance offices such as SNAP/food stamps.
Abroad and military voters
The Federal Voting Assistance Program lets you register to vote and request an absentee ballot if you are a:

U.S. citizen living outside the U.S.
Service member stationed abroad
Spouse or eligible family member of a service member stationed abroad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Citizens be required to provide valid ID to vote in federal elections? - Luvnit2 - 06-28-2024, 06:08 PM