Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the bengals somehow win this game with a backup QB what will you do?
(01-09-2016, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would Hue try to get Dalton, McCarron, or pry Palmer from the Cardinals?

I know I'm a Dalton guy, but putting my bias aside, I just can't envision many scenarios where the Bengals trade Dalton.

The only way it becomes realistic is if Dalton is out through the playoffs and McCarron goes on an MVP tear, leading this team to a championship.

But for winning 1 playoff game? Or even 2 while playing "ok"? I just can't see it. If you're going to dump a franchise QB for a guy with 5 starts (playoff wins or not), his replacement better have a damn good resume. We've seen guys like Matt Flynn tear up the league for a few games and then disappear completely. If McCarron is the QB for the first playoff win in 25 years, I'm sure he'll be viewed as a hero (one of 53) by the fans. But the organization should be smarter than that. We have McCarron locked up for 2 more years, so no need to make a hasty (and possibly dumb) move.

Btw, I just realized that you might be joking. Obviously Palmer isn't going anywhere. It's almost as silly to mention trading Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the bengals somehow win this game with a backup QB what will you do? - Shake n Blake - 01-09-2016, 04:37 PM