Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our future is starting to look bleak...
Perspective ... If in September you have told me that our team would have lost in the first round of the playoffs based on:

1.  Our possible MVP quarterback being lost due to a fluke tackle where he breaks his thumb in the 13th game,
2.  Our inexperienced backup QB, playing in a monsoon not getting the offense going until the forth quarter,
3.  That Our then stud running back would fumble with 1:30 to go,
4.  Our star linebacker getting nailed for a personal foul with 22 seconds to go,
5.   Our star CB getting a personal foul for losing his temper with the same 22 seconds to go, and then losing by a field goal.

I would have said,  NO WAY.   That can't happen. Impossible.

Most of the good part of the team will be back.   We have good draft choices/backups that couldn't get playing time because of the quality of the starters.   Coaches matter, but coaches can't replace player talent and experience.   That is the key.  We might lose a few to FA, but ... Some don't remember when the Bengals franchise couldn't keep decent players who wanted nothing more than to move along to better opportunities at the first opportunity.

The only real downside I see is that we could have more injury problems next year than we did this year, but there is no real way to control for that.   AD and his offensive weapons will likely be intact, the strength of the defense will be back (line and linebackers) and when It comes down to it they have to play, not the coaches.  

Draft some defensive backs, maybe a center, and the Florida State kicker.   Reload the talent.  I think we will be fine.

Then again, I have been a Bengals fan since their inception.   Watched Charles Alexander stuffed at the goal Line  in 1982.   Krumrie's flailing foot, Stanley Wilson's no show, and Billups drop the interception in 1989.  Carson's knee went sideways and Henry laying on the ground in 2005.

Perspective.   Think of it this way, there is probably a reduction in purgatory time for being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our future is starting to look bleak... - dsollars1800 - 01-13-2016, 10:41 PM