Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz cracks establishment wall of opposition
(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do not like how he favors increased HB-1 visas.   But admittedly I am for very restrictive immigration on all fronts.    So I am probably not in the majority on that issue.    

So he is with the establishment of this.

(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  

He was In favor of TPP initially but then backed off once he was able to examine the secret bill.   This was a big one that the establishment favored.   

So was the establishment in favor of the TPP or just the secret bill?  and what was in the secret bill that changed his mind?

(01-14-2016, 07:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has been against NSA spying and that's been at odds with the establishment.    He did end up voting for the current fix.    I didn't think that went far enough.   

I am pretty sure the establishment was against the NSA spying.  They all seemed to vote the same way as he did.

So it looks like he voted with the establishment on all three of these.  Or maybe just two,  I don't know the details of the secert TPP yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cruz cracks establishment wall of opposition - fredtoast - 01-14-2016, 09:42 PM