Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl in Denmark to face charges...for using pepper spray on rapist
(01-29-2016, 06:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's why you use rates, because it is a number of rapes/assaults per a number of the population. Usually 100k. The size of the population is not relevant when comparing rates.

Well since this thread was brought back up. I wanted to point out that I usually like to do the /100k thing as well. 

BUT, when dealing with different countries/states laws and there is no universal way of counting rapes.  It's really hard to make any accurate comparisons against another country/state with a different set of laws even when we use the /100k rate. It is not an apples to apples comparison.

I can tell you this though.
According to the data from 2010 that fred is talking about, Denmark was ranked back in the 30's for rape. As of 2015 reports, they are on the verge of entering the top 10. So unless there was a drastic change to their laws in the way that they count rapes, then the only other thing that could truly have made that much of an effect is migrants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Girl in Denmark to face charges...for using pepper spray on rapist - Mike M (the other one) - 02-03-2016, 11:28 AM