Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martin Shkreli pleads the Fifth, then tweets about 'imbeciles' in Congress
(02-05-2016, 11:05 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: At first I was going to disagree with your analogy, but the more I thought about it the more I agree. Being in favor of the free market does not mean you are in favor of the immoral/unethical decisions made within it. In both the case of abortion and a free market the ideal is to have no regulations because they would be unnecessary. People would make the moral/ethical choices.

It's interesting to think how something similar in some ways has different approaches taken from different sides. I think the interesting thing is that most people would take a very moderate stance on the details in both situations if we could only move past the rhetoric and have productive conversations.

They are both very complex issues.  Abortion is very tough.  I feel you are taking a human life so for me that trumps everything.  Then I think, do I get even remotely as upset about knowing there are abortions taking place as when I hear about a 1 year old dying?  Nope.  How do I reconcile that?  Am I just used to abortion?  Is it because I know that the parents aren't suffering the same as when they lose a born child? 

Free market?  I absolutely believe in it, and not just because "the free market fixes things", but because we are free people and should be able to do what we want if it doesn't infringe on others rights.  Where's the line?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Martin Shkreli pleads the Fifth, then tweets about 'imbeciles' in Congress - michaelsean - 02-05-2016, 11:41 AM