Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-05-2016, 06:18 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Per "report" - here's the ORIGINAL story I wrote that was aggregated and shared here.

And since I'm the reporter here and talked the people for the original story, I can offer you this, too - there is doubt as to whether he'll hit that number .... but the consensus so far is that he will leave Cincinnati.

This stuff won't really heat up until the combine.

Thanks Jim, the thing that sticks out to me about that article is the quote at the very end.

“It's been four years, and there was ups and downs and stuff like that. I've had a great career in Cincinnati. I've loved everyone. I loved the camaraderie from top to bottom; just a first-class organization. I tip my hat off to how they run the organization. But, you know, I'm a free agent. There's nothing but happiness that's coming out of this whether I go or stay."

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but wouldn't a guy who was intent on returning say how much he loves everyone and loves the camaraderie, not how much he loved it? There seemed to be a lot of past tense in his NFL Network interview.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - TheLeonardLeap - 02-05-2016, 06:25 PM