Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-05-2016, 06:44 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Good point Leonard Leap - I noticed that, too. Marvin is a very smart dude. There are reasons he's doing what he's doing with the national media out there.

RoyleRedLegs: I think it's a combo. I think he wants $7 million - but he also wants the chance to get AJ Green-type targets. So, it kind of goes hand-in-hand in a way. I think he'll stay here if the market totally deflates on him, but that seems so unlikely since, basically, he's the only guy you could look at and say, maybe he could catch 80. Reuben Randle probably has a stronger total resume, but Jones is exciting. No doubt about it.

MCc: Iloka was not happy he wasn't extended before the season. And I think he was ready to go when the season ended. That said, the door was always open (I've written / tweeted that a few times this year) and it remains open. Make no mistake - if he gets the money he wants elsewhere, he's gone.

For all these guys - it's all about leverage and the Bengals do want ALL of their FAs back and will present offers. These guys won't just push that off the table just because. But the Bengals always get their guys at THEIR number, and in the case of Jones and Iloka -- they desperately want THEIR number. Those just might not align like it did for Dalton and Green and Dunlap and Atkins ...

Do you see Iloka as a franchise tag candidate?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - Bengal Dude - 02-05-2016, 06:47 PM