Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
I'd be interested to see the deep ball stats and analytics on Jones. His impact didn't always jump off the screen at me.

I think chemistry is a big thing and like someone else said, ask Andy and pay the man if Andy believes in him.

He was a 5th round pick who has had injury issues that kept him out quite a bit. He's played well and has been a big part of our offense. This is his chance to make his money and he every right to sell himself and talk every tactic to raise his price tag. The salary cap inflation (especially since they sold off some of the Thursday night package) plays into his hand but also makes the number a little less intimidating.

I wouldn't shy away from paying him something in the ballpark of what he wants if he's going to get it elsewhere. If he's getting low balled by other teams then 1-up the offer and call it a day. It's not my money so I say pay the guy if it is good for the team because that cap is going nowhere but up and the new CBA is set up so these guys can get bigger contracts once they hit FA.

I know we can't watch both Jones and Sanu walk (someone mentioned Wright as a replacement but he's a huge question mark still). Hopefully we can pay both though that may be the biggest roadblock if they both are getting their prices driven up by the market. We may be forced to pick one or end up shelling out a ridiculous amount per year to both.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - Nizoj - 02-06-2016, 12:47 AM