Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
I like Marvin Jones as much as the next guy but to pay him 7 million a year would not be smart because he is not a true number one. He has only put up his average but not great numbers due to being on the opposite side of AJ being double teamed most of the time. Imagine if he was the one being double teamed. He would get nowhere the production he did with the Bengals. Honestly I would not give him anything more than 5 million a year but that would be stretching it for me because he is injury prone also. We can draft his replacement much cheaper or I would even make a run at Anquan Boldin because even though he is older he is a winner and he is one of the better possession receivers in the league which would be huge for this offense. I would let Cleveland or another team pay him what he is asking for because when he tries to be a number one receiver he will realize the mistake he made by trying to cash in. Also honestly I think we could keep Sanu for way below that figure and he can produce if given the complete chance. Also in his interview he sounds like he is gone anyway so this team will be fine. However if there are a couple of players I think we need to resign that would be Adam Jones and George Iloka. They to me are a key part of the defense. Also if we could get Reggie Nelson on a cap friendly deal I would resign him too and I would honestly let Leon Hall walk unless they can get him to sign for under 3 million a year because he is not worth anything else due to his decline in play. I trust in the front office that they will make it work because since Katie has been given more freedom they have been successful at retaining the key pieces to the team. Who Dey
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - bengalsfan73 - 02-07-2016, 02:19 PM