Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-08-2016, 06:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To me the key word is "risk" and yes, it is a bit of a risk to pay or not pay a FA player.  I figure FA's get the big bucks because they are proven commodities and don't cost a draft pick.  We COULD let him walk and hope Wright is good enough to just replace him, or we could draft another WR (can be a high pick which is valuable, or a low pick which is risky if we need him now), or we can hope the above PLUS the idea that Marvin Jones was really only "good" because of Dalton, AJ Green, Eifert, and anyone else who isn't leaving.

It comes down to risk.  I can't say I actually know how close we ever get to the cap, but I feel like every year it comes down to warnings and threats from naysayers who assure those of us who want to sign FA's (ours or external) that we are totally not going to be able to re-sign the 34 players who are totally up to be FA's any second now.

Have an idea

Don't we get a bunch of supplemental picks in 2017 if a lot of these guys like MJ and Andre and Reggie sign with another team?

How about trading some draft picks this year to move up n second and third rounds to replace several free agents?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - bengals67 - 02-08-2016, 07:46 PM