Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-09-2016, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did all the "Who needs Marvin Jones?" people feel this way when he was out in 2014 and/or going into 2015?  Has this guy been completely expendable this whole time, or just now that we are finding out we might lose him?  I'm sensing a lot of preemptive sour grapes on this one.

People were pretty upset when we gave Maualuga a good chunk of money last year, saying we overpaid. If we didn't have him this year and tried to just roll with a cheap older replacement like AJ Hawk being a full time starter our D would have taken a big step back.

I don't get it. This is what happens when a guy is due for a second contract. They get raises.

How many WRs have we been through that haven't turned in to anything? We have drafted Cobi Hamilton, James Wright, and Mario Alford since taking Sanu and MJ. The cupboard is bare. We have built a successful team retaining our own, and that takes paying them.

I can't believe people are willing to say spend money on Boldin or Washington two old WRs well past their prime. There is a reason Marvin Jones is going to be the #1 WR available in free agency (assuming Alshon gets the tag).  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - NATI BENGALS - 02-09-2016, 05:59 PM