Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-10-2016, 01:43 AM)J24 Wrote: Exactly!... Anyways with the cap continuing to go up year after year 7 million for a WR will be chump change compared to now. Same as 8 million for a safety like Iloka. Anyways we have nearly 40 million in cap space we have plenty of room to sign those two guys signed, sign Z and Bernard to deals, and if we want to we can sign our old guys back on 1 year deals.  There is no reason  why we can't keep this team together other than cheapness, laziness, and stupidity.

I agree qwith most of this.

Sometimes a good player gets overpaid in free agency.  I would have liked to have kept Eric Steinbach, but the Browns just gave him too much money.  So I want us too keep as many players as we can without overpaying anyone.

And sometimes it is not about the money.  i don't think Johnathan Joseph was going to sign with us even if we offered him a lot more than the Texans.  Houston was a hot team on the rise, and we were nose-diving.  And I think Housh left because he wanted to be a 31 WR.

So there are some reasons other than cheapness and/or stupidity.  But I will be upset if we don't spend a lot of that cap space to keep our best players.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - fredtoast - 02-11-2016, 05:34 PM