Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia
(02-15-2016, 02:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Less than I expected from you. 

This guy that knows more about law and the Constitution that you, I, the guy that wrote the article, the guy that created the meme you quoted gave an affirmation of a SCOTUS decision and you guys throw this propaganda out the day after he dies because.....

He should have known more about the law and the Constitution. But he didn't always show it.

I am not happy that he died. That is unfortunate. I am relieved that he is no longer a SC justice. Not because he was conservative. But because he sometimes said inflammatory things just like a politician rather than a SC justice.

Is the stand alone comment taken out of context? I don't think so in that it never really fit into the context of the rest of his statement (and if it did, he deserves double the criticism for saying it). His point, as I understand it, is that he didn't believe that lower courts should be further burdened by people already convicted submitting new evidence of their innocence. It could be assumed that he meant someone else, such as higher courts, should assume that burden. Do you believe that is what he meant? If that is the case, then that statement doesn't fit and was probably rendered for some sort of shock purpose.

But if that wasn't what he meant, if he actually believes that someone already convicted should have no further recourse if new evidence is presented supporting their innocence.... well....

And why would we be left wondering what he meant?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia - Bengalzona - 02-15-2016, 05:19 AM