Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia
(02-16-2016, 01:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd argue the part of this that makes Scalia look worst of all are his own words.  If compiling a list of a man's quotes makes for ridicule, he should have been less ridiculous when he spoke.  
Kind of like your mother telling you to wear clean underwear, only with the slant of being a member of SC that will impact the lives of 300M+ people. 

(02-16-2016, 01:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless some of the quotes are not what he said. Many of the quotes in the OP have merit, but when some get "paraphrased" to fulfill a bias then those supporting it show their true colors. But feel free to argue away.

The man was not ridiculous when he spoke, but I do find humor in members of a football message board suggesting he was, simply because they disagreed with his views while lacking the mental capacity to fully understand them.
As in the mental capacity to recognize the earth is more than 5,000 years old. Yeah, I don't have the mental capacity to understand why a person with that belief isn't ridiculed. Apparently the earth just wasn't young enough for him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia - Vas Deferens - 02-16-2016, 02:05 AM