Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia
(02-16-2016, 01:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I disagree with any man who makes it his life's work to oppress people.  Forgive me if I happen to let my extreme distaste for his mission cloud the way I see him as a person and/or interpret his words.

It is entirely possible I lack the mental fortitude to see the wisdom behind Scalia's words and actions...but that's why I ascribe to the simply philosophy of freedom and rights for all.  Durp, I'm too dumb to see the nuances in selectively assigning rights to the American populace.  Durrrrr!  Ya got me.

Okey Dokey. I sure you would be happier if everyone shared your awesome points of view. Unfortunately they do not and it appears Justice Scalia was one of them. Fortunately the system is designed to have 9 Justices, that way even if every justice doesn't agree with your POV, if the majority do, then your awesome thoughts are passed.

Folks can hate on Scalia all they want, but the bottom line is he was not a totalitarian and his decension was often vital in determining the Constitutionality of many cases. You know, just in the off-chance that one of your awesome ideas may not be Constitutional. 

Who knows maybe one day all 9 Judge will share you awesome views and you have to dislike any of them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia - bfine32 - 02-16-2016, 01:22 PM