Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia
(02-16-2016, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this even mean?

None of us are allowed to disagree with a Supreme Court decision?

If that is not what you mean then please explain.  We all know how the system works.  I just don't see how that means we are not allowed to disagree.

Are you aware that sometimes even the Supreme Court justices themselves disagree with the ruling of a previous court.  If no one ever disagreed with the Dred Scott decision then it would still be good law.

Of course you are allowed to disagree with a SCOTUS decision, not sure where I said otherwise and I have said numerous times that I disagree with some of the more recent decisions. I further understand that the Justices often disagree among themselves and the lower court's decisions, most likely why they have a odd number; so a Majority can be reached.

The point is Justice Scalia was vetted and appointed to serve as a SCJ, as were the current other 8. Whether you or I agree with the opinion of every Justice on every case is of little relavence. It is the system that is in place and believe it or not sometimes we can learn something from someone that has a different POV than ours (I realize that it not the case in this forum).

The fact that folks are taking this opportunity to take shots at his legacy or state they have "no respect' for him even before a Burial Ceremony is performed  simply because they disagreed with his interpretation of many cases is juevinile and in poor taste. Death does not make you immune to critcisim as some here are trying to suggest is being implied nor does disagreeing with someone make them immune to compassion and even respect. But hey that's just my opinion, you are entitled to yours
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia - bfine32 - 02-16-2016, 01:59 PM