Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia
(02-16-2016, 03:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I agree on this, however if we were to point out everything that is juvenile and in poor taste in this subforum we would be spending a lot more time than we already do in here doing so. This thread is a very mild example of that behavior in comparison to some other things we see around here.

It's all pretty par for the course when someone dies.  When Reagan died you had people reheating old jokes about him eating jelly beans, taking naps, and/or being full of Alzheimer's during his second term.  You also had people canonizing the guy and making a push to throw Ben Franklin off the $50 bill to put Ronnie on there.

Basically, there are plenty of places where Scalia's death can be discussed as a tragedy, or a gigantic threat to the sanctity of the USA, and there are places where his death can be celebrated as...um, progress.  I recall Pat Robertson praying for some openings in the Supreme Court, so maybe this is his fault?

Aaaanyways, Scalia held some opinions that aren't shared by the majority so most places that involve a discussion about the guy are going to trend towards the less flattering side, I'd imagine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Tribute Thread to SC Justice Scalia - Nately120 - 02-16-2016, 03:27 PM