Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-16-2016, 05:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think you hit it on the head.  We must remember that this is a business.  Winning is important, but what is more important when you retire?  Having been on a winning team, or an extra $7-10 million in the bank?  You probably have better stories from a winning team, but that money means that you and your family should be set for life.

The "lifespan" of an NFL player is very short.  These guys have to make the most of the opportunity while it exists and no one should blame them for doing so.

I apologize if I have said this earlier in this same thread, but Jones made peanuts on his rookie deal and after this next contract is over there is a good chance he will be too old or injured to get another big payday.  He will probably make more money on this one contract than he will inthe rest of his life combined.

Home town discounts or winner discounts are for older players that have already made tons of money, not 5th round picks negotiating their second contract.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - fredtoast - 02-16-2016, 05:53 PM