Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year!
(02-16-2016, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not an NFL player so I don't know this for sure, but do you think the Cincinnati Bengals are brought up when players think of "taking less to go to a team that can get me a ring?"  Serious question.  Making the playoffs 5 years in a row and 6 of the last 7 years is great and all, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals weren't mentioned as one of those championship destinations.  Nor do I think Marvin Jones going to the LA Rams would be met with cries of "Well, there goes his chance to win a ring!" etc.  Just saying.  Maybe things change soon, though.

No, I don't see Cincinnati as being a preferred destination to win a ring.  I apologize if it appeared that way.  When I said "winning" I meant teams that consistently make the playoffs versus a team that consistently wins 5-6 games per year (I'm thinking Cleveland because they keep getting brought up as a possible destination).

I've said it in another thread, but will agree with Fred here.  This contract is his best chance at truly getting paid, truly taking care of his future.  He turns 26 next month, which means he will be past 30 when this contract expires.  And that is assuming he stays healthy and is able to finish it.  Take the money while you can get it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Per Report, Marvin Jones wants $7m+ per year! - OrlandoBengal - 02-17-2016, 12:27 PM