Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-18-2016, 11:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to call someone wrong in this thread, but this discussion is well above my knowledge of technology.

But the question is: What good is encrypting something if nobody has the ability to decrypt it?

That's the point for keeping it safe. If you've got your credit numbers, phone numbers, naked pics you took that time you had too much tequila — all that stuff is in there safe and sound as long as the system can't be broken into. It's all encrypted. And with an Apple, it can be set where if you enter the wrong passcode enough times, it deletes all the data. Which is good if you don't want your info getting out.

Decrypting it requires the password or guessing the password. That opens the phone and allows the data to be used. Computers can enter random passwords trying to open the phone, but the Feds fear after 10 it will wipe the data.

This debate is whether or not Apple can and should remove that 10 entry wall. As I've said, I personally think they already can. That's just opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - Benton - 02-18-2016, 12:08 PM