Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama House Passes Minimum Wage Bill Blocking Planned Wage Increase
(02-19-2016, 03:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: LOL, by raising minimum wage, you still have those jobs. I already said that raising it won't kill the economy (so you can say I support that...) I'm just rejecting the stupid argument that families can't be supported on minimum wage. If you have a family and you're the sole provider, don't settle for a minimum wage job when there are enough non minimum wage jobs. 

And I am just pointing out that it doesn't matter how hard you work if there are not enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one.

I agree that working hard increases your chances of making more than minimum wage.  But people lose jobs for all sorts of reasons people(health, injury, pregnancy, re-location, business closing, etc).  And no matter how much each individual works it doesn't solve the problem of people making minimum wage because there will still be the same number of people making minimum wage.

BTW I don't know if you are going this, but it is a very common topic among the people who try to shape the debate to introduce totally unrelated topics (like individual behavior) to derail a conversation.  People working harder has nothing to do with the number of people making minimum wage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama House Passes Minimum Wage Bill Blocking Planned Wage Increase - fredtoast - 02-19-2016, 04:11 PM