Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals reportedly "making push" to keep Vincent Rey
(02-19-2016, 05:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's the big issue. He's not the worst, but he's nowhere near the best. If they want to keep him around as depth and STs, that's fine. It's the fact that they're willing to pay starter money to him. So we're either going to overpay for a backup player or we plan on inserting him into the starting lineup.

I think a lot of us have a similar stance.  Ideally, he's a super sub but not for starter money.  Even with the cap going up, a 4th LB shouldn't be paid 5M/yr.  Somewhere between his value in the nickle/ST/versatility and the going rates for similar LB's things get murky, as is the board's opinion of Dawson.  I liked him in college, but that doesn't mean I hand him the keys to Vinny's role last year.  I'd like to see him back, fine with seeing him (or Dawson or a rookie if the earn it) starting the first 3 games but he isn't irreplaceable if someone else actually pays him.  Cincy should offer 11M/3yr and if he won't sign for 12 then so be it.  I get that deals are all about guaranteed money, but we as fans are still speaking the per year language as I don't think anyone is mentioning guaranteed money in rumors anymore.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals reportedly "making push" to keep Vincent Rey - phil413 - 02-20-2016, 03:09 AM