Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid stories about record clubs
(02-20-2016, 03:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We did this pre-internet, plus we never paid.  I never did this stuff once I was over 18, because I had a feeling you might have to pay your bills at that point.  Well, some of us do.  ZING!

Maybe I shoulda been a deadbeat, because I have a pretty good "Well, I'm not paying so bye" shtick practiced.  I remember when I was in gradschool someone hacked my ebay account and ordered multiple cars and other $10k things and one of the buyers called me and was like

"You bought a huge TV from me.  Pay up!"

and I was all like

"Yeahhhh funny thing, someone hacked my account."

and he was like

"Oh no, you just don't want to pay because I see you bought 2 other TVs that are better than this one!"

and I was all like

"Well, I have $84 in my checking account, so best of luck with that."

Yeah, pre internet.....plus you could get some of the more obscure classic stuff on there , and sometimes you just want the entire album with good sound for a collection.  For me , when Napster rolled out , it was the perfect thing for one hit wonders , and songs by good groups that may have been on otherwise shitty albums.  It was also good for impossible to find demos , etc.  I found the original Skynyrd demo...."Junkie". Very cool song , and I had never seen it anywhere prior. Lots of old blues tunes too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid stories about record clubs - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-20-2016, 07:08 AM