Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid stories about record clubs
(02-20-2016, 12:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Um, I feel pretty stupid right now.  I do remember Columbia House and those ads, but I actually paid for them.  And I was a teenager too.  It never even occurred to me that signing up and simply not paying was an option.

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, I have no freakin idea how I paid them.  I remember doing the 10 cassettes for a quarter thing or whatever, and then doing the pick a CD of the month for however long, and opting out as soon as I could.  But I have no clue how I paid it.  I definitely didn't have a checking account or a credit card.  I'm guessing I just gave the money to mom or something.

But yeah, I guess I was the 15 year old that actually dropped some coin on it.

Meh.....they really weren't that bad of a deal if you played your cards right.  You had the option of buying one CD full price....not just the album of the month.  As long as you were buying classic stuff , you came out pretty good.

After living in the dorms , and using my middle name , I moved to an apartment and actually paid a few times too.  If not for them , my collection may have never gotten to the 1k plus albums it is today.  It actually really helped me convert my old collection from cassette to disc without having to search and saved me some coin.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid stories about record clubs - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-20-2016, 07:16 AM