Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we lose both Sanu and Jones
I'd guess that they'll sign a released veteran and draft a WR early. This organization likes to live by the draft philosophy of taking the best player on their board at the time as opposed to filling a dire need. If MLJ and Mo both walk, receiver is indeed a dire need. The depth chart is AJ plus some guys that may or may not even belong on a pro roster. I highly doubt they go into the draft without at least one proven vet, even if it's a slightly over the hill one. A short term deal with that type of player would allow them to develop whoever they decide to grab in late April.

I still don't discount re-signing MLJ. This team knows full well that replacing a no 2 receiver is anything but a cake walk. The years following TJ's departure were filled with abject failures in FA and very average/disappointing/dumb(Simpson) draft picks.

They might just view giving Marvin 8 mil per as the lesser of the evils in this case. They love going with known commodities and aren't afraid to shell out for them. If you're willing to pay Vinny Rey 15 mil over 3 years (possible true, possibly not), then why not give MLJ some stupid number, too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If we lose both Sanu and Jones - fredtoast - 02-19-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - Crowe - 02-20-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - McC - 02-19-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - samhain - 02-20-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: If we lose both Sanu and Jones - McC - 02-25-2016, 01:50 AM