Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-22-2016, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Still doesn't matter.

Claiming that airport security is useless and that there is no need for it is ridiculous.

It is like you come out against stuff without even thinking what you are saying.  It is all just knee-jerk reaction instead of meaningful discussion.

TSA=Government=bad.  That is just too simplistic.  TSA is useful and necessary.

Wait, it doesn't matter that you guaranteed something to bolster your argument then were proven wrong within minutes?

Never said it was useless. You said paranoia was not a valid argument, I countered that we use paranoia to justify our airport security (as it stands, I never said security as a whole). I never said I don't agree with having security, but I would argue is that what we are doing does not work and it is all for show. People are however willing to go along with it because they are paranoid that terrorists are coming through airports daily attempting to blow up plans which is false. They are getting caught long before they reach the ticket counter by intelligence agencies.

By the way I was involved in a government bid for a airport security upgrades and can assure you there are as many holes as Swiss cheese in the security at airports.

This is exactly what you did before your guarantee.

This is you oversimplifying. The NSA was able to basically without warrant (used a very vague interpretation of a warrant issued by a secret court) collect as much data as they wanted on millions of people. You don't think there is any cause to be concerned about a potential back door to millions of peoples personal devices getting into the hands of such an agency who only needs to answer to a secret court? That is not paranoia that is a legitimate concern.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - Au165 - 02-22-2016, 04:45 PM