Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment
(02-23-2016, 01:24 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I see where you are making your mistake.

I didn't not say that there was no problems with accidents involving drunk drivers.  Only that there wasn't an increase in these accidents.

That was the original premise of your argument, that the law prevents more of these accidents from happening. 

I contended that the law didn't prevent the accidents.  MichaelSean even proves my point, the law didn't stop him.  He knew it was wrong and still did it.  He only stopped when the law gave him a weak punishment of suspension.  I also think him aging had something to do with it as well.

It is an easy mistake to make, so don't beat yourself up to much over it.

The law punishes, and you can be damn sure people are afraid of the punishment.  So should murder be against the law because you seem to be arguing that if it doesn't stop everyone it's useless.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legitimate Arguments Against the 2nd Amendment - michaelsean - 02-23-2016, 01:29 PM