Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone
(02-23-2016, 05:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apple is not subject to the jurisdiction of foreign courts.

And, please tell me whose phones they are going to start messing with for international secrets because I really don't know.

These "evil forces" can get a pass word just as easy as they can steal a program from Apple.  So do we have to give up on all password encryption?

WTF? Apple is subject to any countries courts where they conduct business inside of.

What would happen is that a precedent would be set for the US, making it easier for other countries to force them to comply.

Whose phones? I don't know the names of the people that they would mess with. Obviously they'd go after heads of corporations, High ranking people in the Department of Defense, Congress, anywhere where they think they could gain an edge or a secret, and not just in our country either.

Tell me o wise one, how do you steal a program that isn't written yet?

also are you up to date on this story?  

Apple sent engineers to help them unlock it already, but because a low level government goon reset the password with in hours after the phone was returned to them, it screwed up Apple's ability to get into the phone.

I would call that well within the definition of  "reasonable." What the FBI is asking for now, is not "reasonable". Another thing you are forgetting is that Apple was not even a party to the initial ruling done by this Magistrate. That alone is enough to possibly get it thrown out on an Appeal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apple opposes gov order to unlock iPhone - Mike M (the other one) - 02-23-2016, 06:44 PM