Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-26-2016, 01:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This analogy is going to be impossible for the non-believer to grasp. They see murderer and gay and cannot comprehend that each could be judged the same. This is because they judge as a man judges; in degrees. God's holiness is perfect and he views any sin as act of disobedience. His desire for obedience is such that the only sin he considers greater than any other is blasphemy against him. 

I hesitate to state this because it doesn't "sell well", but it is actually something all Christians and those looking for Salvation can take solace in; because Christ's Salvation absolves us of the sin; regardless how "big or small" man judges it to be.    

Sounds like most religious people I know too.

Hate the sin...love the sinner.  We all got it.  But rather than use just part of the scripture people like Manny quote the entire verse and then say "but I  didn't mean that last part literally". Because, love.  

IMHO if someone wants to cite their religious book as the reason they don't like something that means they believe the religious book.  Period.  The only reason a Christian has to dislike gays, blasphemy, whatever is that they have a list of rules in their book that they believe and want to follow.  And I think that is wonderful for them.  But then to turn around and quote the punishment part and say "but of course we don't believe THAT part" is disingenuous.  

Do you believe you will go to hell for taking the lord god's name in vain?  Or do you just believe blasphemy is wrong and not "the other part"?

Unless the sin is one that makes someone believe the sinner might do something else that has never happened....then we have to hate the sinner too.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales - GMDino - 02-26-2016, 08:37 AM