Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump is slated to take witness stand in fraud trial
(02-27-2016, 11:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: As for "pandering", one could argue it's entirely valid as representing the people who elect them.  I prefer politicians who are legitimately principled, but I don't really see an issue with one who's actions are guided by the desires of the people who elect them.

With Trump, I don't think it's about appealing to people who don't share the same views....by being forceful and over-the-top on key hot-button issues, he may actually be creating MORE single issue voters and have them lining up to support him.  Get people really fired-up and really caring about what's most important to them, and then forget about what they don't agree with because it's not important [to them].

It's a good point. It worked for Obama. For some, healthcare reform was all they cared about. No real economic policy mattered. For others it was his (dishonest) pledge to get out of the Middle East. They didn't care he didn't have any concern about tax reform one way or the other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump is slated to take witness stand in fraud trial - Benton - 02-28-2016, 12:02 AM